We’re all about the craft.
KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft solutions for corporate, commercial, and military customers worldwide. Launched 50 years ago out of Canada’s Okanagan Valley, KF has grown to specialize in a wide range of aviation services including maintenance and modifications, air cargo operations, military pilot training and aircraft leasing. With facilities across Canada, KF is home to a 1,000 strong, highly skilled workforce. Our passion for our craft fuels every project we touch.
The Receiver/Inspector reports to the Warehouse & Logistics Supervisor and is responsible for completion of all Receiving processes at KF Aerospace, including all incoming daily freight, product from internal Shops and customer supplied/owned materials (COM).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Receiver is accountable to all basic Receiving functions within the Receiving Group, ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to in accordance with defined regulations, ISO standards and the SCPM. This role covers all tasks related to ERP data entry for both M3 and Trax (WestJet). Receivers are solely responsible for the following tasks, supporting established KPI’s for the Group. To facilitate this, Receiver’s must ensure process compliance by:
• Assisting in the off-load and acceptance of incoming freight
• Performing initial pre-receiving product inspection for damage and waybill quantity correctness. If product is damaged, Receiver’s must take photos of the damage(s) and initiate the Rejections process with the recorded damage
• Sorting and separating freight for receipt, unpacking all packages, taking the necessary precautions to avoid damaging the product during the process. Collecting all documents, verifying contents against the attached Packing Slip, and checking product for damage and accuracy
• Processing all ERP “Data Entry” transactions
• Receiving/Distributing all non-aircraft related shop/office supplies, Customer Owned Material and any other product received from various suppliers
• Communicating frequently with all KF Aerospace departments in a professional, courteous, and helpful manner
• Ensuring that the receiving area is tidy and maintained daily (i.e.: removing pallets and cardboard boxes from the floor and keeping the Receiving area clear for incoming freight)
• Continuous learning and training around airworthiness regulations and customer requirements
• Supporting warehouse functions, as required
Inspection (Only upon successful completion of Inspection Training – R/I role is granted)
Upon successful completion of the inhouse Receiver Inspection (R/I) training program, the Receiving/Inspection function will be granted to the incumbent Receiver. As an approved Receiving Inspector, the incumbent will be responsible and accountable to ensure that all parts and materials are fully vetted and meet all regulatory requirements as defined by governing bodies (TC, FAAS, EASA) and KF policies. As an authorized R/I, the following tasks are required:
• Performing regulatory inspection of parts, materials and documentation for approval and acceptance
• Ensuring data accuracy for all inspections is complete “details are essential”
• Processing of all ERP transactions taking the part through to final approval
• Raising service difficulty report, as required
• Communicating with the QA department, when required, with concerns found at time of Inspection
• Ensuring all parts/material, not meeting regulatory requirements, are quarantined, and rejected as per KF Policies and Procedures
• Controlled Goods and Restricted Area Identification Card (Red Pass) certification required (completed in-house, requires background check)
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Forklift experience would be an asset (in-house training)
• Dangerous Goods Certification (in-house training)
• Completion of inhouse Receiving Inspector course
• Able to interpret complicated paperwork (regulatory), comprehend processes/procedures and accurately complete all documentation
• Must be a self-starter and able to effectively manage large workloads daily
• Receiving experience preferred and an asset
• Aircraft Parts and materials receiving experience will be an asset
• Strong problem-solving skills required
• Strong customer service skills required
• Strong attention to accuracy and detail required
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment, able to multi-task physically and mentally
• Proficient computer skills: ERP systems, MS Excel, and MS Word experience preferred
• Able to work a variety of shifts when required
• Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle freight which entails heavy lifting including, bending, reaching, twisting, pushing and pulling
• Displays a positive professional attitude toward co-workers, customers, management, and the various internal department personnel
Full-Time staff benefits include (but are not limited to):
• Health and Dental
• Short & Long-Term Disability
• Health Spending Account
• Paid vacation and Personal time off
• The opportunity to bank overtime
• Pension matching plan and voluntary RRSP
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Free financial advice
• A bonus program based on organizational performance
HOW TO APPLY
Be a part of our craft. Apply for the Receiver/Inspector position at kfaero.ca/careers today!
|Name:||KFAerospace View All Ads|
|Member Since:||June 2012|
|Address:||5655 Airport Way|
Kelowna, British Columbia
V1V 1S1 Canada
|Locate on map|
|More ads from KFAerospace|
|Company Name||KF Aerospace|
|Post Date:||May 29, 2023|
|Exp. Date:||Jun 16, 2023|
|Add to Watchlist|
Important Safety TipIf you feel that this ad is miscategorized, fraud, scam or phishing, duplicate or business listing report it by clicking here.
RECEIVER/ INSPECTOR Weâ€™re all about the craft. KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft solutions for corporate, commercial, and m..
Parts Counter Person
Weâ€™re all about the craft. KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft services for corporate, commercial, and military customers world..
Weâ€™re all about the craft. KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft services for corporate, commercial, and military customers worldw..
Parts Advisor Opportunity
Kelowna Ford Lincoln has an opening for an experienced Parts Person. Candidates will be expected to have at least 2 years of counter experience, an ab..